Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day #1...again!

20130106_133043_zps98473cc7

So there it is...that number that I have been dreading, but I can't say it's unexpected because after all these years of my weight going up and down, I usually have a pretty good idea of the number just based on how I feel, the way my clothes fit..and looking in the mirror! I actually guessed myself 5 pounds heavier than this before I stepped on the scale and my hubby guessed me at 10 pounds lighter. Either way, this is my weight as of today. I post my weight because I am doing this so that my friends and family can be a part of my journey too, I said I would be honest, and honestly I don't have anything to hide. I know some people have an issue with others knowing their weight but there are a couple reasons why it doesn't bother me. I am happily married so I'm not afraid of some guy deciding I'm not worth his time because of the number on the scale (plus a guy like that wouldn't interest me anyway), and I am well aware of who I am, you can tell by looking at me that I am fat. Even if you see the picture and feel the need to tell me I'm fat, that's fine, I already know that :) I'm a wife and a mother of 4 kids, at this point in my life it's hard to humiliate me so you should expect to continue to see pictures of my weight..once a month. However I do try to keep humiliation to a minimum so although I will blog my weight, you won't catch me on a street corner holding a sign with my weight and body fat percentage, that's just asking for trouble! ;)

I started this today because once I made the decision to start at all, I had to do it quick, gives me less time to talk myself out of it. Clearly it's good that I decided to since I have gained 33 pounds since March last year when I had my weight at the lowest it had been in my adult life. I did not bust my ass today and walk 10 miles or jog 3 or any of that. I did one mile on the elliptical and a round of strength training..legs, tummy, and arms. It kept my heart rate up, I burned some calories, sweat, and I felt great afterwards, plus my legs are sore which is always a good sign! I don't have a specific exercise plan that I am following so I'm just gonna go with the flow each day. I have the equipment, tools,and knowledge I need to do this. I'll just have to decide how to apply those things every day. My diet is gonna be the usual. I like to count calories, and post pictures and use numbers because it's fact, I can put it on here without playing with it or stretching the truth. The thing about typing, or even speaking to someone is this: you can say anything you want, but just because you say it doesn't make it true. That's why I give you the numbers and the pictures. Here on this blog or on my facebook, what you see is what you get, and what you see is what it is, bottom line. Just remember I am sharing all this in hopes of getting support in return, not negativity. Support and advice is always appreciated :)


20130106_212021-1_zps77b6a875

Here I am today. Trust me I know it's almost painful to be posting these pictures here today, when 1 year ago I did this very thing and then failed. I have to do what I have to do, and I'm starting over. Not a pretty picture, and it is my least favorite part. I dislike the pictures more than I do getting on the scale. I did my measurements again also so here those are...

Bust-47 1/2 inches
Waist-49 inches
Hips-48 inches
Right Arm-14 inches
Left Arm-14 1/4 inches
Right Thigh-27 3/4 inches
Left Thigh-27 inches
Right Calf-16 1/2 inches
Left Calf-17 inches

I have learned for me it is very important to keep track of inches because sometimes when you don't see the loss in on the scale you will see it in the inches which is always nice. I plan on keeping a food journal as well, today was a successful one, and the chicken stir fry dinner was delicious!


20130106_205659_zps49e1ab4f 20130106_193600_zps382b2d1a
That is a lot of painful truths in one blog. The beginning is always the hardest because you have to acknowledge where you are at but...
Day #1 down...lot's and lot's more to go. I could be wrong but I'm really thinking that 2013 could be my year! ;)
Goodnight!


No comments:

Post a Comment