Saturday, January 5, 2013

2013...if your tired of starting over you have to stop quitting!

I don't want to get on here and blog about how 2013 is going to be my year to lose weight. The truth is that I don't really know if it is. I can say that I hope that it is my year! I'm not going to look at this like a resolution because is just something we come up with all because the date changes. I think that real goals need to be more than a resolution. In fact I hadn't even panned on starting over again because I have to want it to do it and it hadn't crossed my mind a whole lot, but that all changed yesterday as I was doing more packing to move because I ran across my diet journal. It's a handmade, in a binder and I put a lot of work into it. I was inspired and dedicated when I made it. It has page after page of foods and their calorie content, handwritten. Pages of me journaling about weight loss. It has pictures of me and my husband and my kids and lists and lists of reasons why I wanted to get healthier and a diet plan I wrote out, and in the very back is page after page of daily food and exercise logs. Once I found my handmade journal, it made me go back through this blog. Sometimes to know where you want to go, you have to look back at where you have been. This is war I have been fighting for years, some battles I have lost and others I have won...I haven't come close to winning the war though. Today I realized I still want to try, I can be good at this weight loss thing when I set my mind to it and I'm not ready to completely give up, so the only thing to do is to keep trying. Starting over is exhausting and daunting, but I have to stop quitting in order to stop having to start over! Stop quitting or just give up for good and just be the way I am forever....completely giving up just isn't an option for me, it's not who I am. I have dreams that I can't let go of and this is one of them!!!!! I'm sure I will screw up and get down but hopefully I won't give in. I have started the year out with a lot of positive things going on, and a few really positive changes. In some ways I found my self worth again, and made changes in my life to get rid of the things that were taking that away from me and that's a pretty big start for someone like me! Now I haven't gotten on a scale yet so I can't give you any numbers, but I will. I'm renewing my vows this summer so who knows??? I could be in a much smaller dress by then! I need help from all of you too though, I started a blog originally because I was hoping to not only be held more accountable, but to help inspire others. I will keep blogging, and keep you updated and be honest even when I don't want to, and you hold me accountable friends! Sometimes it takes the support of other people to do great things <3

1 comment:

  1. Ok, you hold me accountable and I will you. But I am not going to do any weigh ins for an undetermined time so I can concentrate on eating right and exercising. I get way too pissy if it doesnt come off fast enough. DEAL?

    ReplyDelete