Monday, February 11, 2013

With the right pair of shoes...a girl can do anything ;)



 photo 20130211_214752_zps115321b1.jpg
Blogging in the blogging chair tonight...headed to the gym as soon as I'm finished :)




As any of you who know me know, I have been hard on the diet and workout plan for almost a week solid. I mean counting every last calorie, and working out every night at the gym although I did miss one night at the gym because I was out of town, but my hubby and I ran that morning instead. I have no idea where my numbers are at, but I can feel changes already. Part of me wants to hop on the scale just too see, but my smarter side knows better, knows to be patient and wait. Now it may seem like a silly thing to some people, but shoes make a big difference when you decide to start working out hard. I have never ever had a really nice pair of shoes, mainly because I can't bring myself to spend the money on them. However, because of that normally by this time, I am having to miss workouts because I have blistered and bloody feet. This year my mom...looking out for me no matter what age I am bought me a nice pair of Adidas Climamax running shoes over Superbowl weekend and I have to tell you that I am in love. I have had these shoes and been working out in them for a week and my feet are in perfect condition...no blisters, no rashes from rubbing, the bottom of my feet aren't sore...nothing. I am in shoe heaven, workout shoe heaven to be more exact.




 photo IMG_20130204_081233_zpsa82083cc.jpg


There they are...they are hot pink and fluorescent turquoise and to be honest that has nothing to do with why I love them so much. I decided to "break them in" on Superbowl Sunday, and I didn't need to, they fit my foot like a glove and they are so flexible and light that it's almost like you don't even have any shoes on. Now I don't want to write an entire blog on shoes, but I am just putting it out there that something so small, one little thing like the shoes you wear can make the difference in succeeding. I know it's easy to feel guilty about it (I mean my mom had to buy mine for me) but if your in it to win it...go all in! Don't let something so small keep getting in your way. The less little stuff that gets in the way, the more likely we are to make it! Plus we have fewer things to use as excuses :) The other thing that is really keeping me motivated is my workout buddies. My husband has always been a good one when he commits, but to have others who stick with you and push you is a huge weight lifted because sometimes I need it. I have been sick and yesterday had our workout buddies not called, I may not have hit the gym, but they did, and I did, and I rocked it...even feeling like crap. So cheers to success in numbers..the more people you have rooting for you, the more people on your side, wanting you to succeed, the more likely it is that you will! Day 5 of hitting it hardcore and going strong!!!




 photo 20130209_005653_zps39318a78.jpg photo 20130209_005559_zps3b7c868b.jpg

Hitting the gym!!

No comments:

Post a Comment