Thursday, February 23, 2012

Outside Influence

Photobucket

Today started out as an amazing day, I did a 25 minute jog on my treadmill and I felt so amazing, the sun was shining and it was so bright and beautiful outside. Then some stuff got stirred up in my personal life that I was not happy about. I have really done a great job staying clear of negative energy, but every now an again stuff pops up that squashes that...if you let it!

When I set out on my afternoon outdoor jog with my hubby I was feeling pretty rattled by the whole thing, of course trying to figure out how it happened, how to fix it, how to just make it stop. I was sure that I either wasn't going to be able to complete my jog, or that I wasn't going to do to hot at it. I had already decided that I was going to focus my blog on that, how negativity affects us physically and mentally.

When I finished the jog, I had done just fine, normal time and everything and I realized that I am not that person anymore! I did what I needed to do just the same. There was a time that I would have used it as an excuse not to do the things I needed to, or as an excuse to be depressed and eat what I shouldn't, or as an excuse to do something with much less enthusiasm than I should be, but not today! I have changed in so many ways, and as I have said before with my stronger body comes a stronger mind...I am living proof of that.

I don't want to spend my life hung up on negativity, worrying about what people are thinking of me, or saying about me. Spending my time thinking or worrying about those things is a catastrophic waste of time that I could be using to the million things I do every day. I am proud, I am proud because I didn't let outside stuff interfere with my goals. I didn't let that get in my way, I didn't let it bring me down, I didn't let it stop me from moving forward, and most importantly I didn't let it affect who I am, and what I stand for. I have been learning that when you have mental and emotional weight on your shoulders...it's bad news if your trying to take pounds off your body. Carrying things like anger, and hate, and grudges. Worrying about pleasing everyone you know, worried about who is mad at you and why, worried about what people are thinking and saying about you, worried about trying not to get in trouble with people in your life, how to fix things whether they are your fault or not, wondering and wishing for more honesty and accountability out of others...all these things are heavy weights to carry around, and that kind of stuff can pack the pounds on very quickly, it's hard to be healthy and happy and strong on the outside when on the inside your mad or sad and angry and weak. We all carry something around that we don't want to at one time or another, learning to deal with it and let go is the challenge. As long as you take those things, deal with them the best you can...and then let them go, you can keep your mind and your conscience nice and clear.

I don't care if it makes me weird, I would rather be alone than be around those who feed off of negativity and get pleasure out of causing hurt, bringing other people down, It's not something I want to be a part of, because losing weight is more than diet and exercise, scales and counting calories...it's a mental battle too. It's a mental battle more than a physical one in my opinion and in order to win that battle you have to have a healthy mind. I'm in no way a perfect example of any of this stuff, but I do try really hard, looking back on just the last 2 months I have made some pretty big strides. I'm a work in progress, constantly changing, changing for the better in every sense of the word, and I am not just a little proud of that....I'm VERY proud of that!!!!!!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. You really have grown and are doing an amazing job honey!!! I am so happy you have come into this woman you are!!! You certainly are much happier with yourself and you deserve that!!!

    ReplyDelete