Friday, February 17, 2012

Tummy Tuck!?

Photobucket


“Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson


If I was brave enough to do it I would post pictures of my tummy on here....but I'm not so you are just going to have to trust me that it's pretty bad :( Definitely not attractive to look at, and getting harder and harder to hide because the more weight I lose...the further down it hangs..I apologize for saying that because I know it's disgusting, trust me, but I said I was going to do an honest blog and that's what I plan on doing.

I have really known since I had my last baby that I was probably going to eventually need a tummy tuck if I ever lost the weight I wanted to...back then over 2 years ago, it was an IF, now it's just when I lose the weight because I know I am going to do it. My doc told me that because I am young, there was a small chance that my skin could tighten back up. However, because I had 4 pregnancies in 6 years...it was highly unlikely. Mind you, I do more than just cardio, I do exercises designed to build muscles and tighten tummies, and I know for sure now that I am going to need a tummy tuck because it's just not tightening up for me, I wish it was, but it's not.

So I have looked into it myself, and I have a few friends who also have and I think it's going to be a good option for me a little later down the road. It's not cheap....in fact it's spendy and I am not the type that has money like that. I can afford to do it one time and one time only and that is tax time, and that is what is slated for February 2013. I'm definitely scared about it, the only surgeries I have ever had are the 2 C-Sections that I had no choice on. I don't see the doctor much and I'm not one for hospitals, but this is something I really want to do, because unless I do that I will never look at myself in the mirror..naked, and like what I see. So on the other hand I am pretty darn excited.

In some of my reading last night I learned how I need to prepare for this. I need to be within 20 pounds of my ideal weight before I can have the operation. My goal weight is 140. On the BMI chart my ideal weight is between around 125-150 or something like that. Anyways I need to be about 160 to have the surgery. On January 31st I was at 234 so I am about 70 pounds give or take a few away. I have a year because I want that tummy tuck next year at tax time! 70 pounds is a really daunting number...that's a whole lot of weight, but I'm pretty sure I can do it.

As a result of my research last night I have decided to change my workouts up for the rest of February and see if I get better results. I'm not doing a ton of walking anymore..I'm jogging at shorter intervals of time a few times throughout the day, but on the current route I'm doing today, and what I'm doing on the treadmill in the mornings it will actually equal out to around 7 miles a day.

Today was a rough start for sure. I started out with a 15 minute jog on the treadmill this morning but the speed was up much higher than normal and it was a good workout. For my second jog of the day my hubby and I will be going on his lunch break together. Today is the first day of this...we started out, he told me to set the pace, and I apparently was thinking I was way more awesome than I am because I started out pretty quick, in fact we finished the first mile in about 10 minutes, but then I started dying! :-/ Had to stop and walk, then jog again. When my hubby set the pace it was much more tolerable...I still felt like I was dying but it felt like I might die in an hour rather than right at that moment. The short of it is that I did finish, we actually finished off really strong and ran the very end. The whole thing was 2.16 miles, in the end it took 27 minutes with an average pace of 4.74 miles per hour. Not the best but it's my first day.

At first I was discouraged, I truthfully expected a little more from myself, but I really am trying and if you could have seen me out there (which I apologize to anyone who drove by and was unfortunate enough to see the mess unfolding) but if you could have seen me and heard me you would know without a doubt that I truly was pushing myself really hard. You know what? I did a pretty good job!

When my husband gets home we will be setting out for the final jog of the day, same route. Maybe I'll hold a good pace better, but who knows...either way I'll keep trying. 3 jogs a day for 2 weeks and we will see if it does my weight loss any favors!

70 pounds in one year is a lot of weight..but I'm thinking that I can do it :)

“Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” ~Michael Jordan




Photobucket
Me and my new jogging partner <3

5 comments:

  1. You can totally do it! Way to go and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had your stick to it attitude. I couldn't run to save my life nor would i want to. You rock, you are looking so good keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. still trucking? More like kickin some ass! lol love you!

    ReplyDelete