Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Trying Something new


The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

This can be applied to so many different aspects of weight loss. Different diets that don't work, that we keep going back to anyways. Different workouts, different books, starting and stopping, loving and hating...I just want to focus on one thing tonight though and that's the way I treat myself. Photobucket

I have tried a lot of different things, but I have a hard time being nice to myself. Maybe that's why it has been such a struggle because in my past I am constantly telling myself that I can't do it...so then I give up. I don't know why we feel the need to be so hurtful and mean to ourselves, we know it's wrong to treat other people badly and I really try not to, but I take no issue with being downright awful to myself.

My diet and exercise and weight are constantly running through my head, and I am so mean to myself. So what I want to try and work on is just loving me a little more, being kinder to myself, don't say things to myself that I wouldn't say to someone else. If you tell yourself something enough times, you could start to believe it, and failure is just not an option for me at this point.

I am striving to be a healthier, stronger, better person...physically and mentally and I do not intend on letting anything or anyone get in my way, and that includes myself. Sometimes we have to give credit when it's due, and I know that giving credit to ourselves might seem self-centered or silly, but it's important for us to be aware of our worth. On top of that there are enough outside influences who are more than willing and ready to take you down and be cruel, trying to make you give up on yourself and your goals. 

You can't keep yourself safe from people with hateful intentions when you don't treat yourself any better. You have to be on your own side because sometimes, there are things that only we can do for ourselves.


Photobucket
Me with my little blogging partner!

No comments:

Post a Comment