Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Photobucket


Photobucket So I am blogging a day late but...Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I had a really amazing day, all because of the amazing people that I have in my life! (Thank you everyone for not buying me any chocolate!) ;)

One thing I really really enjoyed this Valentine's Day was the fact that I was able to let my mind go a little bit. When I am focused on losing weight, I can become almost over obsessed, I get caught up in it, not leaving much space in my head for anything else. I think about it all the time...why haven't I lost more, what more can I do, which exercises are best that day, when should I add more, what times will I work out, should I go ahead and eat carbs, is it worth it???????????????????? Just typing it exhausts me! I don't realize it until I let go for a day how much it exhausts my mind too!

When I say that I let go a little bit...I don't mean my diet and exercise plan. I followed my diet perfectly and I jogged my 25 minutes, and I walked my 5 miles that day. I mean mentally I cleared my head of it. It's hard to clear your mind of something that is so important in your life, but I was able to because I had so much else to think about, and so much to be grateful for, and I took the day to be nothing but loved in my mind.

It couldn't have been a better day because the people around me made me feel so loved and important that I didn't have to spend any time convincing myself, or criticizing, or validating. And because I was able to let go for that time I realized something that I do sometimes take for granted as I get wrapped up in my crazy life, and my busy schedule, and that is my husband.

My husband treated me so sweet all day long, and he is a pretty big sweetheart most of the time but I noticed it more yesterday because it was Valentine's Day I think. Which made me a little disappointed in myself because it really shouldn't take a holiday to make me acknowledge that. The day was amazing, I was in a great mood, had such a blast getting the kids stuff all set up, and baking cupcakes for them to come home to, and getting everyone's gifts and goodies handed out. My hubby bought me a beautiful necklace which was really special because we don't do jewelry a lot, he had a dozen red roses delivered to me, and to top it off he made a dinner reservation by himself and took me out on a great date! I am a very lucky girl.

This morning I let my mind take me back to my weight loss mode and I started tossing around ideas in my head about pumping up my workouts, whether I should up distance, speed, or resistance......on and on. That's when something else came to mind. As I have said before part of the reason why I want to lose weight is for my husband, and this is why.............

I will keep pushing myself so that I feel like I am the most attractive woman in his eyes, and I'm doing that because that's how he always treats me, like I am the most beautiful woman in the world. He loves me unconditionally, he thinks I am sexy, and gorgeous, and when I am feeling really low about my weight he picks me up and makes me believe that I am.

He loves me.....regardless of the number on the scale, what size jeans or dress I wear, or how many inches my waist or thighs might be.



Photobucket In my pink Valentine workout clothes...really starting to see a noticeable difference in myself. Yay!! Photobucket All ready for our date!! Photobucket Me and my amazing husband 2/14/12 <3

3 comments:

  1. You deserve to feel good about yourself and be treated accordingly each and every day honey and I am just so glad you have the amazing man you do!!! You do so much for everyone around you!!!! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve to be treated like a queen everyday. I love you so much and I had the most amazing day with you yesterday to. It defiantly was one of the best valentines day's I have ever had. Oh and p.s. you are and always will be the most attractive woman. Period.

    ReplyDelete