Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pride

Photobucket


Some days are just rough days. Maybe not for any particular reason, no one thing, maybe it's a bunch of little things...who knows? Anyways today was one of those days, walking was really really tough today because of this nasty blister I have, and I know that when I say blister it doesn't seem like a big deal, but this thing is huge and really, really sore. I had 2 bandaids on it, and had my foot wrapped in gauze and it was still bleeding through. I walked a little over 3 miles today...at a much slower pace than normal. Could not do my jog this morning because each stride I took tore the thing open even more...just not my happy place AT ALL.

Days like this make a "I'm just gonna give up" attitude easy to take on. I had that attitude this morning after I couldn't jog, then I pushed myself to walk, but wasn't able to complete the whole thing that I wanted too. I am not going to give up though. I'm going to take another walk this evening, I followed my diet all day...I'm not going to give up, and I'm not going to start tomorrow out that way either. I'm going to get up in the morning, and tape my foot up nice and tight and do that jog, and walk those 5 miles and complete it because at this point it almost feels as though life is throwing challenges at me...just to see if I am gonna throw the towel in on this weight loss journey.

It's easier to make the excuse that it's just too hard to complete, that there is no possible way that it's going to happen, rather than too accept that things are going to get tough now and then..there are times that you are going to have to work harder than you expected or wanted too. It doesn't mean that the world is out to get you, or that some negative force is trying to test you, or stop you, or slow you down.....it's just life. Life never stays the same, it can't all be easy, and it won't all be hard. We can't give up, we have to keep pushing through, and when we push through a tougher time, the pride that you have on the other side is worth it.

There is no pride in getting through each day if everything is always perfect, the pride comes when you have overcome something, walked through a challenge and come out a stronger, better person on the other side. Nobody has ever EVER told me that losing weight was easy, and it's not, but I have had many people tell me that it will be worth it, and I believe that it will, but I will never know if I quit trying.

That's what I am going to have when I reach my goal, however far off that may be...pride. Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment