Thursday, February 16, 2012

Today..I'm better!!!

Rather than aiming for being perfect, just aim to be little bit better today than you were yesterday.........




I know I have said it a million times before but when losing weight the things we have to focus on the most is of course, our goal, and more importantly it's the little victories in between! 
Photobucket


I don't get to weigh for 14 more days so I have no idea where I am at with my weight loss, and this month I certainly have not done an absolutely perfect job. I'm at that itching point...itching to get on the scale. It's a disgusting addiction that scale, sure to bring on an overflow of emotions of one kind or another. I knew even last night that I was going to get on it this morning and I argued with myself over it. I decided to sleep on it and see if I was going to make the right choice and when I woke up I still wanted to head to the bathroom and step on it. Luckily I knew what I had to do....I went to my husband and asked him to save me from myself! So he hid the scale for me, somewhere that I won't be able to find it so that it can gather dust and be free of me stepping on it until February 29th!


So I had no scale and I knew that was for the best but I still wanted some sort of proof that my work is paying off. Then a couple of things happened today that I wasn't expecting, 4 little things that really made my day, and more importantly gave me more determination to keep going strong.


1. I got on the treadmill this morning to do my jog. I pumped the speed up one little extra point, and got moving and 30 minutes later I really felt like I could keep going, and so I did. 35 minutes of jogging! And honestly if I didn't have to shower and get 3 more kids off to school I probably could have kept going because even though I was out of breath and dripping with sweat, and turning red...I didn't feel terrible! It felt SO SO SO good just to really feel like my body is getting so much stronger and building endurance that I never dreamed I would have again.


2. I did my shower and when I was picking clothes I decided to wear the new jeans I got 2 weekends ago. I tried them on when I got them and they fit..nice and snug, but they fit. Today I put them on and they are comfortable, almost a little baggy, I have space in them, they are big! REALLY big deal to me because not only that but they look pretty darn good on me too :)





Photobucket Photobucket

3. When I dropped my daughter off at school I got a really nice compliment from her teacher, people don't realize how important that kind of thing is. It's nice to hear it, and it's good to know when you have done enough that people notice. It definitely made a good day better!


4. Last but certainly not least....I decided to check my BMI. Now my BMI when I started was at 41.6. Bad, bad, bad. Remember that a healthy BMI is somewhere between 18 and 25 so 41.6 is way over. Today my BMI (according to my last weight from January 31st) is 37.4!! Obviously that is still a ways from being in the healthy weight range, I know I have a long way to go before I'm at a healthy weight BUT let's face it....that's a pretty awesome improvement. Which doesn't only tell me that I have lost weight...but that I am getting healthier while I'm at it.




Pretty awesome stuff to think about because I really am working hard at this, pushing through days that I'm in pain, or tired, or strapped for time, or just lacking motivation. I'm giving up some of the foods that I love, I'm learning who is on my side and which people are positive influences in my journey. I'm making my health a bigger priority in my life than it ever has been. Even though it is such a road of emotions and hardships and celebrations and exhaustion...I'm a happier person, my mood is better, I'm much less cranky, and my positive outlook on myself has improved 110% 


I already like myself more and not just because I have lost weight but also because I like where my weight loss journey is taking me..inside and out!


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. WOW honey, you've had quite the day!!! You are finally realizing and seeing what I've been seeing and known about you and your ability to do anything!!! Very proud of you, you are doing this and you will be completely successful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I sense a clothes shopping trip in your future! I love you so much and I am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are awesome! and you really can tell that you are working your butt off! I love you so much! xoxo

    ReplyDelete